Thanks for looking at our refurbished Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2 (Grey).
I’ve added a Bluetooth module so that you can download many of the free Apps for Android or iOS that allow you to load games into the Spectrum via built in Bluetooth! This does not stop the tape deck from working, you can still use the tape deck if you want to.
To use this feature, open the Bluetooth device on your phone or tablet, pair with the JDY16 device (no passcode required) then simply download ZX Play (or similar app), search for your favourite game, type LOAD”” on the spectrum and play the file over Bluetooth into the spectrum! As long as the app you download plays the audio file, it will load. I’ve tested it extensively with over 50 games – every one loaded 1st time.
I have also completed the following work:
- Video modifications done to give a cleaner picture – transistors that were the wrong way around from the factory have been fixed. SCART modification done to make the monitor output compatible with the SCART standard.
- Audio modifications completed to balance the sound output.
- Reset switch replaced as it was broken.
- Replaced the old +5v voltage regulator for a new DC-DC converter that allows us to remove the heatsink and will let the Spectrum rum much cooler with a better power supply to its chips.
- Fully tested the Spectrum with a diagnostic cart for 48hrs continuously to make sure everything was working properly.
- Fully cleaned all the cases inside and out, removed all keyboard parts and cleaned thoroughly making sure that all keys work fine when assembled again.
- Belts in the tape deck have been changed and the tape heads have been cleaned and aligned. The deck has also had a service with moving parts lubricated.
The case is very clean. It comes with the original power supply (capacitors changed and tested) and manual.
This really is another nice Spectrum +2 (Grey) that we’re selling from our collection of old computers.
Condition is Seller refurbished.
Also, listed on eBay – https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164536764342