Sinclair Spectrum 48K with rubber keys and video output upgraded. Comes with ZX power supply.
We have completed the following work:
- Changed the RF output for a composite video modification so that it will work on all modern TV’s through their AV Video phono connector.
- Checked and replaced any electrolytic capacitors that were bad – in this case a full re-cap.
- Lower RAM caps replaced with 1uF to improve video output.
- 1 lower RAM chip socketed and replaced.
- TR4 and TR5 replaced, D15, D11 and R55 replaced.
- IC16 to IC25 replaced.
- Resoldered crystal oscilator.
- Cleaned the cases inside and out.
- Fully tested the Spectrum with diagnostics for a few hours to make sure RAM was working well. All tests passed.
- Tested it playing games.
- Tested every key to make sure the keyboard works.
- Tested the electrolytic capacitor in the ZX power supply and fully tested its output.
Serial Number: 001-052148
This is a genuinely nice, clean ZX Spectrum that has been refurbished well so that it will serve a good number more years to come.