Thanks for looking at our listing for this ZX Spectrum +3 computer with original PSU and GOTEK.
We have carried out the following work:
- Replaced the +5 volt regulator
- Applied the sound distortion modifications to make the sound output clean and crisp
- Replaced all the electrolytic capacitors with new, good quality aluminium types
- Cleaned the cases inside and out
- Serviced the keyboard completely. The keyboard was completely disassembled, and everything was cleaned, the membrane, plastic key carrier and each key cleaned and put back (see picture)
This +3 had a floppy drive that was not repairable. We have replaced it with a GOTEK floppy drive. This means you can put all the software library available for the Spectrum 128 +3 onto a single USB stick and mount them as disks using the little rotary control. It also has a digital screen that will show the disk image in use.
You can also create and use blank disk images and write and read from them as if they were real disks (only a bit quicker!)
This machine looks really nice and has had a thorough clean up and refurbish. The modifications to the sound circuit make the audio distortion free and much cleaner too.
Thank for stopping by and having a look. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you want to learn more about the +3 take a look at Centre for Computing History website.