This is a nice 128k +3 ZX Spectrum that has been well cared for, but just needed repairing and a little TLC to bring it back to its former glory.
Work carried out on the motherboard:
- All electrolytic capacitors replaced on the motherboard with new, good quality aluminium types.
- Audio distortion modifications applied
- PCB cleaned
- All cases cleaned, inside and out
- Keyboard disassembled and cleaned.
Work carried out on the floppy drive:
- Drive disassembled and all electrolytic capacitors were changed for new, good quality aluminium types
- Old drive belt had disintegrated. Removed the sticky residue left behind and fitted a brand-new belt
- Drive mechanisms all cleaned and lubricated
- Drive RPM tested to be in spec.
- Drive tested formatting and loading/saving from 4 different floppy disks.
The power supply has been refurbished. All electrolytic capacitors have been changed and the main regulator and fuse replaced on the +5v side. The supply has been tested for 2 hours and is nice and stable.
We’ve tested the machine with diagnostics ROMs for 2 hours. We’ve also tested the machine with a combination of 48k and 128k games and demos for a couple of hours and it works flawlessly.
This is a nice 128k +3 ZX Spectrum that comes with the original polys (some damage, please see pics), a refurbished PSU and the +3 manual!