Thanks for looking at this listing for a really nice Commodore Vic20 for sale. It comes with a new power supply.
Work carried out:
- Changed all the electrolytic capacitors on the motherboard for new good quality aluminium types.
- Added a video modification in the video section to greatly improve the composite video output.
- Fitted an SD2IEC designed by me using an ATMega 1284P, paired up with a microSD card which is fitted below the cartridge port on the back of the computer. We’ve also put some programs on the SD card for you to play with!
- The SD2IEC has the latest available bootloader and firmware. If you want to update the firmware or files, simply remove the MicroSD card. New firmware can be placed in the root of the MicroSD card, put back in the computer and will update the board when the Vic-20 is powered up.
- We’ve also fitted a switchless kernel programmed with the stock Vic-20 Kernal and the JiffyDOS kernal. On power up, the Vic-20 will boot the JiffyDOS kernel by default. This will speed up all access to the SD card or Vic disk drives. Because JiffyDOS disables the ability to use a tape to load games, holding down the RESTORE key whilst powering up the computer will boot the standard Vic-20 Kernal. This will let you use a tape player – and the SD will still work but just more slowly.
- The Vic-20 has been tested with different games for a few hours, and with a dead test cart for 2 hours with no issues.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. It’s been a well-cared for Vic-20.
Thanks for looking!