Thanks for looking at my listing for a refurbished Toshiba HX-10 MSX
We have completed the following work:
- Replaced the Composite video board – originally there was no video output due to a dead LVA510 chip on the composite out board.
- Replaced 2 keyboard switches for new, old stock switches for he K and R keys which were not working
- Cleaned the key caps and the cases inside and out – there is some marks on the case but overall, it is really good considering its age!
- Attached a heatsink to a power transistor on the motherboard – this transistor gets very hot and the heatsink helps improve its longevity
- Checked the electrolytic capacitors on the motherboard with an ESR meter – all caps were within tolerances. Toshiba used very good quality capacitors during manufacturing.
- Cleaned the pins on the VDP chip – these get tarnished.
- Replaced the ROM – original ROM was dead on arrival, replaced with another I had in stock from another parts machine.
- Tested the cassette input loading games with a MaxDuino digital tape loader – all games tried worked perfectly.
- Tested the VDP and RAM with a test cart. All tests passed a number of times.
The case is clean. And it’s in very good condition considering its age. The keyboard has a lovely feel and all keys work beautifully.
This really is a nice Toshiba HX-10 64k MSX-1 that we are selling from our collection of retro computers.
Thanks again for looking at my listing, and happy bidding!
Condition is Seller refurbished.
Also, listed on eBay – https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toshiba-HX10-MSX-Vintage-Computer/164693012224