Thanks for looking at our listing for a refurbished Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128k Toastrack with original power supply
Issue 6U – It has an original factory modification to use an Eprom!
Work carried out:
- 3 RAM chips and sockets replaced.
- A Rudedog Retros designed PCF1306 chip replacement with a new 40 PIN socket
- The 5v regulator replaced with a new 2A version
- Tested all electrolytic capacitors and replaced with new, good quality aluminium types as required.
- All cases cleaned inside and out.
- Keyboard cleaned.
- Newer style keyboard membrane fitted.
It comes with an original Spectrum Toastrack power supply. The power supply has been tested and its capacitor(s) changed.
We’ve tested the machine with diagnostics ROMs for several hours. We’ve also tested the machine with a combination of 48k and 128k games and demos for a couple of hours and it works flawlessly.
This is a nice 128k Toastrack ZX Spectrum that has been well cared for, but just needed repairing and a little TLC to bring it back to its former glory.
It will be a bit easier to repair in the future, too, as the main chips onboard are in sockets.
Serial Number: A-8-072408
Condition is Seller refurbished.
Any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us.
To see how much work goes into refurbishing these machines take a look at Spectrum for Everyone.