Commodore 64, Internal SD2IEC with removable SD card,8GB SD
Thanks for looking at the listing for our Commodore 64 Computer – with a twist!
It is a breadbin C64 with a built in SD2IEC using an ATMega1284P of our own design. This is our new PCB design using surface mount components and ATMega1284P to make the board smaller. We have installed it in to the C64 by replacing the port cover on the side of the C64 with a custom 3D printed replacement that allows us to mount the SD card reader on that bracket giving access to the SD card and allow it to be removed.
We have also supplied this C64 with an 8GB SD card and C64games. There is plenty of space to add your own games / utils – and easy too – just pop the SD card into your PC, copy over the games / utils and pop it back in the C64 and switch it on.
Typing LOAD “*”,8 hitting return and then typing RUN and ENTER will start the file browser.
We have also completed the following refurbishment:
- Replaced all the electrolytic capacitors for new good quality types.
- Replaced the faulty VIC II chip with a new(upgraded) 8565R2 version and performed a +5v modification on it to allow it to run in this C64.
- Replaced the MOS6510 CPU as it was faulty.
- Replaced the PLA as it was faulty with a PLA replacement which has been fully tested with lots of games and demos (including Super Zaxxon) and it runs everything perfectly.
- Replaced the +12v regulator with a new 2Amp version and added a heatsink.
- Replaced the +5v regulator with a DC-DC converter which runs way cooler.
- Added heatsinks to both the VIC II and the 6581SID chips to keep them running cooler and last much longer.
- Taken apart the keyboard and cleaned it all thoroughly – the keycaps and the PCB underneath too. We also replaced the keyboard plunger under the 1 and 2 keys as they were broken. Every key works fine.
- Because all the C64 power supplies are now failing, we will also supply this with a brand-new build power supply (by us)which uses all new PCB, transformer and DC voltage converter. This will allow trouble free, clean regulated power for years to come.
- Cleaned all the cases inside and out – but not retrobrighted.
- Tested for 2 hours with a dead test cart. Everything passed all tests consistently.
This is a fantastic C64 with SD2IEC and a removable CD card in the side. The SD2IEC can be software updated by simply placing in an SD card with new firmware on, inserting in the SD card slot in the side of the C64 and powering the computer up. In 30 seconds, the software will be updated automatically. The latest SD2IEC software will be flashed to it before dispatch.
This C64 works beautifully; it does have some discolouration and a few marks on the bottom of the case (see the pictures). If you wish, you can retrobright the case yourself. Our SD2IEC custom PCB will come with a 6 month warranty against developing faults. You can return the machine to us for repair should there be any issues with it.
Thank you for looking at our Commodore 64, and Happy Bidding!
Also available on eBay – http://ebay.us/wIARjB?cmpnId=5338273189