Boxed Commodore 64, Internal SD2IEC with removable SD card, 8GB SD and Licensed JiffyDOS
Thanks for looking at the listing for our Commodore 64 Computer – with a twist!
It is a short board breadbin C64 with a built in SD2IEC using an ATMega1284P of our own design. We have installed it into the C64 by replacing the port cover on the side of the C64 with a custom 3D printed replacement that allows us to mount the SD card reader on that bracket giving access to the SD card and allow it to be removed.
We have also supplied this C64 with an 8GB SD card full of C64 software!
We have also completed the following refurbishment:
- Replaced all the electrolytic capacitors for new good quality types.
- Installed JiffyDOS on an EPROM that will speed up the SD2IEC that’s installed and give you access to all that JiffyDOS has to offer.
- Taken apart the keyboard and cleaned it all thoroughly – the keycaps and the PCB underneath too. We also replaced the keyboard plunger under the 6 key as it was broken with a new plunger. Every key works flawlessly.
- Because all the C64 power supplies are now failing, we will also supply this with a brand-new build power supply (by us) which uses all new PCB, transformer and voltage DC converter. This will allow trouble free, clean regulated power for years to come.
- Cleaned all the cases inside and out – but not retrobrited.
- Tested for 2 hours with a dead test cart. Everything passed all tests consistently.
This is a fantastic C64 with SD2IEC and a removable CD card in the side. The SD2IEC can be software updated by simply placing in an SD card with new firmware on, inserting in the SD card slot in the side of the C64 and powering the computer up. In 30 seconds, the software will be updated automatically. The latest SD2IEC software will be flashed to it before dispatch.
This C64 works beautifully and looks great too. Our SD2IEC custom PCB will come with a 6 month warranty against developing faults. You can return the machine to us for repair should there be any issues with it.
It even comes in the C64 box with polys – both show a bit of age but are still really good.
Also available on eBay – http://ebay.us/6uLJ0k?cmpnId=5338273189